Experienced Family Law Attorneys Help Clients Navigate Complex Family Matters in Gloucester County and Throughout South Jersey
Smedley Law Group is a team of experienced, respected family law attorneys dedicated to helping your family navigate challenging family law matters in South Jersey. Divorce, child custody disputes, and other financial matters within your family can leave you feeling desperate and adrift.
Our lawyers are dedicated to finding creative, workable solutions to help your family through these challenges. Our primary concern is in protecting your best interests. That means protecting your safety, your relationship with your children, and your financial stability.
At Smedley Law Group, we’re people first—and experienced lawyers second. We take pride in developing relationships with our clients that last for the long term. We’re a full-service law firm that can help your family find solutions as your circumstances and conditions change over time. Moreover, we know your family is unique—and there’s never a cookie-cutter approach that will offer the best solution for you. Instead, we take the time to get to know you and your unique goals so we can offer the best legal advocacy possible.
To learn more about how Smedley Law Group can make a difference for your family, contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Types of Family Law Matters We Handle
At Smedley Law Group, we help clients navigate all types of family law issues, from the relatively simple to the complex and hotly contested. We can help you negotiate a property settlement or finalize a modification to your child custody arrangement so that it’s enforceable at a later date.
We can also help with:
- Spousal support arrangements
- Child custody
- Parenting time
- Child support
- Equitable distribution of marital assets in divorce
- LGBTQ family law
- Modification or termination of existing child support, child custody, or alimony agreements
- Grandparent visitation
- Paternity issues
- Prenuptial agreements
- College contribution arrangements
- Domestic violence and restraining orders
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Appeals on family part orders
Family law issues always have the potential to get messy. That’s why you need an experienced attorney you can trust to advocate for your rights.
Family Law Has a Way of Generating Hot-Button Issues
In the context of family law, it’s common for emotions to run high. Even if you think you’ve cultivated a friendly relationship with a former spouse, the threat of relocation or a reduction in child support can immediately throw that into question. Our lawyers at Smedley Law Group have the tools you need to successfully navigate these and other uncomfortable issues.
We can help with:
- Divorce. Whether it’s mutually agreed-upon or not, a divorce can turn your life upside down. A split also offers the potential for both parties to find future happiness—whatever that looks like. Regardless of whether your divorce is uncontested or contested, you need an experienced divorce attorney to make sure no issues between you and your spouse are overlooked.
- Child Custody. The time you spend with your children is precious. We can help you reach an agreement with your child’s co-parent that protects both your interests and your child’s. We help you see the big picture so we can reach a solution that’s ideal for your circumstances.
- Child Custody Modifications. A child custody and parenting time arrangement that worked while the children were young may not function well into the future. Parents move, get new jobs, and explore new family situations. Our lawyers can help you through modifying or terminating an existing child custody arrangement so you can reach an agreement that supports your current needs.
- Spousal Support. New Jersey divorce law provides a method by which divorcing couples can both maintain relatively comparable standards of living as they go their separate ways and both spouses become financially independent and self-sufficient. We’re here to help you find a solution that works for you.
- Equitable Distribution. Dividing assets upon divorce can be difficult for both parties—especially if the relationship isn’t amicable. Our lawyers can help you explore alternative dispute resolution options that can work for you. These options allow you to maintain a greater degree of control over the process, so you’re not left wondering whether to appeal a judge’s order that works against you.
How Smedley Law Group Can Make a Difference
Our goal is to help your family get through the tough times so you can focus on your bright future ahead. We do things differently at our firm. Our lawyers won’t bombard you with legal jargon and push you into cookie-cutter arrangements.
Our mission is to provide personalized, effective solutions for our clients’ most difficult family law issues. When something as important as your financial security or time with your children is at stake, you should never be expected to leave matters to chance. Our lawyers work with you while we work for your future. That means you can expect to be treated like a person—not just a number on a case file.
We only practice family law. That means we have the in-depth experience handling these complex issues that you need. We provide the highest-quality legal guidance, while treating you with the compassion, respect, and empathy you deserve.
We’re also Certified Matrimonial Law Attorneys—a designation given by the New Jersey Supreme Court to reflect our expertise in family law matters. To learn more about how we can put our decades of practical legal experience to work for you, call to schedule a consultation today.
Ready to Learn More? Call Us Today to See How Our Experienced South Jersey Family Law Attorneys Can Help
Calling a lawyer can feel extreme to many people trying to navigate complex family law matters. However, an experienced lawyer gives you the best chances of protecting your interests and your children. We can help you through the emotionally charged issues through to the other side, where a bright future awaits.
To learn more about our attorneys and our practice in Woodbury, NJ contact us today to arrange a consultation with an experienced family law attorney who can help.