Gloucester County Family Law Attorneys Located in Woodbury, NJ
Trusted Woodbury, NJ Family Lawyers Dedicated to Helping Clients Work Through Complex Family Law Matters in Gloucester County and Throughout South Jersey
We get it: Life happens. Family dynamics constantly change and evolve—and family matters come in all shapes and sizes. If you’re considering changing your status quo, whether that’s a divorce or adopting a child, or want to explore options to modify a marriage or child custody agreement, our experienced Woodbury, NJ family law attorneys can help.
Family arrangements aren’t always set in stone. Our attorneys work with you as time alters your family dynamics. We pride ourselves on offering innovative, creative solutions to help our clients meet their goals. At Smedley Law Group, our qualified attorneys specialize in family law. Our mission is to give you practical, effective representation during tough personal situations, drawing on our team’s unparalleled expertise and dedication to practicing in this single area of law.
Our family lawyers know change can be difficult. We also understand that certain family disputes will be emotionally charged. Smedley Law Group works closely with you to develop a plan that feels right for you and your family.
No, you don’t have to have all the answers yourself, and that’s OK. Our team specializes in working through problems with our clients—in the short term and with long-term goals in mind. If you’re ready to speak with an attorney who’ll advocate for you, schedule a confidential meeting with Smedley Law Group today.
Creating Innovative Solutions in Family Law Matters
At Smedley Law Group, we focus exclusively on family law matters so you’re confident your attorney has the expertise required to help. We handle cases involving:
- Prenuptial agreements
- Child custody
- Parenting time
- Child support
- LGBTQ family law
- Grandparent visitation
- Domestic violence
- Appeals on family part orders
- Post-judgment motions
- Non-dissolution matters
- Marital settlement agreements
We’ve chosen to specialize in family law matters to help our clients in South Jersey achieve the best possible results for their families. At Smedley Law Group, there’s no cookie-cutter approach to resolving your case. That’s because no two families are alike—and every family law matter is unique.
Our South Jersey family lawyers take the time to listen. We focus on providing practical solutions that always consider the big picture. To learn more about our attorneys and our practice, call today to schedule a consultation with a family law specialist.
Specialized Woodbury Family Law Attorneys Take a Results-Oriented Approach to Building Relationships With Clients
We know that selecting a family law attorney to advocate for your future is an important decision. At Smedley Law Group, we focus on building relationships with our clients. We’re a full-service family law firm that will be here to help as your needs change over time.
Family law is different from other legal practice areas. You don’t simply resolve one issue and go your separate ways. Even in a divorce, the lives of the people involved often will remain entangled for years to come, if not permanently. It’s important to choose a lawyer you can trust with your near-term needs and overarching objectives for the future.
We can help with issues involving:
- Divorce. Divorce involves lots of moving parts—and your relationship with your former spouse may not be entirely over once you sign the papers. Prenuptial agreements also may not reflect your reality. The alimony arrangements you agreed upon during the divorce proceedings may become unfair as circumstances change over time. Our family law attorneys can help with these and other divorce-related issues.
- Child custody and parenting time. Child custody arrangements can be key to providing stability for your family. That being said, children grow older and parents make life decisions that may involve relocating, for example. In short, your family’s needs probably will change—and your child custody arrangement must be modified to keep up. We can help with negotiating the original arrangement and child custody modifications.
- Child support. Your child’s needs will morph over time—and your financial circumstances may shift as well. We can help you negotiate a fair child support arrangement. We can also help with college contribution issues and modifying a child support agreement that no longer reflects your financial reality.
Regardless of the family law matter you’re faced with, getting legal help is key to protecting your rights. We want to help you see the entire picture—so our number one priority is advocating to accomplish your goals. Because we have decades of experience, we know the right questions to ask to move your matter toward an effective resolution.
Our attorneys at Smedley Law Group are here to help. Contact us today to see how we can protect your family.
Call Today to Speak With an Experienced Family Law Attorney Who Can Help
Yes, the legal issues surrounding family law matters can be complex. Your emotions feel heightened. A simple dispute quickly escalates into one that could impact your family for years to come. Our trusted Woodbury, NJ family law attorneys work to temper the pure emotional aspects of your matter so we can reach the best resolution for your family.
We also know that it can be difficult to see around the corner when you’re faced with an important family controversy. Our lawyers are here to help you see the big picture and focus on reaching a solution that works. If you have questions about divorce, child custody, LGBTQ family issues or any other family law matter, contact our specialists for a consultation today.
- Locations Served in Gloucester County
- Clayton Deptford Township
- East Greenwich Elk Township
- Franklin Township Glassboro
- Greenwich Township Harrison Township
- Logan Township Mantua Township
- Monroe Township National Park
- Newfield Paulsboro
- Pitman South Harrison
- Swedesboro Washington Township
- Wenonah West Deptford
- Westville Woodbury
- Woodbury Heights Woolwich Township
Frequently Asked Questions About Family Law Issues in South Jersey
The need for court intervention depends upon your unique situation. A family law matter can become so acrimonious that the only solution is to seek court intervention. At Smedley Law Group, we view litigation as a last resort. We focus on helping our clients resolve conflicts in a more neutral setting, avoiding the trauma and expense of court.
That said, we’re always prepared to advocate on your behalf in court. Family law matters in New Jersey are handled in the Family Division of the Superior Courts. These issues are all heard by Family Division judges.
A contested divorce means that there are family law issues that must be resolved before your divorce is finalized—and your family law attorney can be key to an effective resolution. In an uncontested divorce, the parties have already agreed—or believe that they’ve agreed—to all relevant matters. It’s always best to have a lawyer by your side in either situation. Since we handle these cases regularly, we might see something you have missed in an uncontested divorce.