Mediation Puts You in Control of Your Divorce
We can help you explore mediation as a cost-effective way to resolve divorce, custody, and equitable distribution for separated and divorcing families. Smedley Law Group is here to help you and your family see the big picture and find a resolution that works for everyone involved.
- Mediation offers a less costly alternative to traditional litigation, so you save money on legal fees and court expenses.
- Mediation puts you in control of the decision-making process, letting you actively participate in crafting a mutually acceptable agreement that aligns with your goals.
- By avoiding courtroom battles and adversarial proceedings, mediation minimizes emotional turmoil, stress, and time associated with family disputes.
- Mediation encourages creative problem-solving, letting you explore personalized solutions that may not be available in court.
- Unlike “public” court, mediation is a private, confidential process.
- Mediation focuses on promoting amicable resolutions and maintaining positive relationships, particularly important in family law matters.
Mediation – It’s Not Just For Divorce
Did you know you don’t need to be going through a divorce to mediate your differences?
Successful Mediation Starts With Finding the Right Attorney
Why Choose Senior Counsel Alison B. Weinroth, Esq.?
Alison B. Weinroth, Senior Counsel at Smedley Law Group, is a dedicated family law attorney with expertise in matrimonial and family law matters. With over two decades of experience, she has successfully represented clients in various cases including divorce, child custody, child support, equitable distribution, and domestic violence. She serves as a MESP panelist for Vicinage XV and is a Panel Chair for the District IV Fee Arbitration Committee.
As a practicing family law attorney for more than 23 years, Ms. Weinroth’s mediation practice concentrates on all matrimonial and family law matters, assisting families in all economic and custody aspects. She’s a certified divorce mediator, who has completed 40 hours of Civil Mediation Training through the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education as well as certified by the State as an Economic Mediator under R 1:40. As a professional divorced mother of twins, she’s passionate about helping others resolve their family issues economically and positively. She’s available for in-person or virtual mediation.
Prior to joining Smedley Law Group, Ms. Weinroth had a distinguished career at Mattleman, Weinroth & Miller, P.C. handling a wide range of legal matters. Ms. Weinroth has also prosecuted in several southern New Jersey jurisdictions and worked as a contract attorney for the Camden County Board of Social Services. Her legal career began as a law clerk to the Honorable Martin A. Herman, Superior Court Judge, Gloucester County, in the criminal division.
“Many couples choose divorce mediation because it’s a quicker, less costly, more amicable process than going through the courts. The goal of divorce mediation is to arrive at a mutually satisfying, legally binding agreement that takes into consideration the needs and desires of both parties. By providing a safe environment to be heard, participants in mediation often find better resolutions to their conflict and learn to communicate more effectively.”Alison B. Weinroth, Esq.
Experienced and Professional Mediation Services for New Jersey Residents
You can use the mediation process for divorce, custody, and equitable distribution for separated and divorcing families. Mediation can be especially helpful in cases involving…
- Child custody.
- Parenting time.
- Asset division in divorce/equitable distribution.
- Modification of arrangements, such as child support, child custody, and spousal support.
- College contribution obligations for divorced or unmarried parents.
Ms. Weinroth will help you decide if your case is a good fit for the mediation process. There are several important benefits to using a mediator versus going to court. These include:
- The mediation process is less costly and formal than a full court proceeding, which helps alleviate anxiety and saves your hard earned money.
- Ms. Weinroth is specifically trained to think creatively and explore alternative solutions, unlike family court judges who must adhere to legal requirements without the same flexibility.
- Mediation enables a collaborative, back-and-forth process, empowering both sides to find a middle ground and mutually benefit. Unlike court hearings where it may seem a judge renders a “winner and loser,” mediation fosters a cooperative approach and is a “win-win” solution.
- Mediation is a confidential process that remains private, involving only the two parties and the mediator, rather than the court.
- Mediation is done more quickly on the parties’ timeline, not at the demand of the backlogged court system.
At Smedley Law Group, our experienced family law attorneys are dedicated to assisting clients in exploring alternative dispute resolution options. We specialize in finding creative, compassionate solutions to significant family disagreements, aiming to protect all parties involved and avoid courtroom trauma.REQUEST YOUR MEDIATION CONSULTATION
The Mediation Process Is Easy and Straight-Forward
At Smedley Law Group, our knowledgeable family law attorneys help you keep your money and sanity in a situation that attempts to drain both. Ms. Weinroth has handled Family Law matters for over 23 years, while also living through her own divorce and now wants to help you through your personal changes. During mediation, our firm follows these steps:
- Ms. Weinroth will explain the mediation process and goals to everyone involved.
- You and the other party talk about the issues you want to resolve and how you’d like to see them resolved with Ms. Weinroth’s help.
- Ms. Weinroth will encourage open discussions to uncover any sticking points to assist you in coming to an agreement.
- You and the other party start negotiating with Ms. Weinroth’s help until you reach an agreement.
- Once you reach an agreement, Ms. Weinroth prepares a Memorandum of Understanding.
For many families, traditional litigation isn’t the most beneficial solution for resolving a dispute. After all, resorting to court intervention is, in itself, a traumatic and antagonizing option. Mediation can help you maintain your relationships to the extent possible—all while reaching a solution that can protect your interests and allow peaceful resolution.REQUEST YOUR MEDIATION CONSULTATION
Why Choose Smedley Law Group for Mediation Services
At Smedley Law Group, we prioritize building strong client relationships by providing personalized guidance, prompt communication, and unwavering support to our clients throughout the legal process. Our collaborative team approach ensures that every client receives the full effort of our knowledgeable staff, enabling quick responses and comprehensive assistance. With decades of experience, a specialized practice area, and a commitment to practical solutions, we navigate complex family law matters efficiently and effectively. Clients trust us because we genuinely care about their well-being and offer a human-centered approach that sets us apart from other firms. With Smedley Law Group, our clients can expect white-glove service that goes beyond basic advocacy and provides assurance that their case is of utmost importance to our team.